Child Rights Information Centre is seeking the services of qualified independent facilitator to conduct an Organizational Capacity assessment.
Duration of Assignment: Approximately 8 working days over the period of 1 months (preferred start February 2018).
Child Rights Information Centre (CRIC) is a strategic partner of Save the Children International office in Kosova/o, which is implementing a project of Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). Sida has a strong commitment to support the capacity strengthening of local civil society organizations. Part of Save the Children’s key requirements is to indicate a clear plan on how a certain percentage of the grant will be used for capacity strengthening. The Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) approach to capacity strengthening will be used, monitored and reported back to the donor.
The Child Rights Information Center (CRIC) is a non-governmental organization set up in 1999. CRIC’s vision is a society which respects all children and treat them as human beings with the full range of rights. CRIC’s mission is to contribute to an enabling rights environment, strengthening the capacities of the duty bearers and empowering rights holders to claim their rights. We will permanently monitor state efforts to implement its obligations under the CRC.
CRIC interventions are based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). Our Strategy 2015-2020 has four focus areas: one foundational - establishing children’s as subjects of rights and 3 more specific - education, family and alternative care, and protection from all forms of violence.
CRIC contributes to the realization of children's rights especially through:
- strengthening implementation of general measures, including monitoring of the CRC and children's participation in this process;
- capacity building of (1) duty bearers, especially at local level, to fulfill their responsibilities towards children and their rights and (2) rights holders, children and their supporters to claim their rights;
- mainstreaming application of CRC principles in all actions that affect children.
The consultancy assignment will be centered on assessing the capacity strengthening needs of the organization. This will contribute to and enable the process of strengthening local civil society.
The process of Organizational Capacity Development starts with a holistic assessment by using an Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA). The OCA is based on the idea that it is possible to obtain an overall picture of an organization’s capacity and development profile by making systematic reviews and assessments of three basic aspects that are analyzed with the aid of eight variables.
The eight variables, here called ‘Areas of Capacity’ are;
1. Governance and Structure
2. Culture and Inclusion
3. Management, HR and Staff
5. Implementation and Quality
7. Networking and Communication
8. Influence and Legitimacy
2. OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
An Organisational Capacity Assessment (OCA) is a process that seeks to assess the capacity of any organisation across a broad range of topics. The overall objective of the consultancy is to:
a) Conduct an Organizational Capacity Assessment by facilitating a participatory workshop methodology outlined in the SCS tool for OCA. The workshop aims to identify areas for organizational improvement in order to achieve sustainable results.
b) Ensure thorough documentation throughout the workshop and produce a report summarizing the outcomes.
c) Assist CRIC with developing a four-year OCD plan to address the identified areas of improvements identified in the workshop.
It should be emphasized in the introduction of participatory workshops that different opinions are encouraged and the facilitator's role is to lead the discussion and ensure that the outcome reflects the reality in the best way. Discussion and scoring on each of the criteria allows the organization to determine gaps and make recommendations for building the required capacity.
3. METHODOLOGY OF THE ORGANISATIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
The OCA and its workshop should be used as a first step in the process of organisational development and should involve many diverse representatives of the organisation through a participatory workshop consisting of a questionnaire and data entry sheet. The workshop aims to look at the overall situation at the time of assessment through the opinion of various groups within the organization and identify current situation within various aspects and identify areas of improvements. The workshop consists of an introduction, division of four pre-decided groups that answers a large set of questions within the group and a plenary that brings all groups and their answers together and where the facilitator leads a discussion with all groups to find a consensus on the current state of each question and area. Current situation and areas of improvements are identified and documented during the plenum.
4. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The facilitator will be responsible for:
- Become familiar with the OCA Tool.
- Lead the participatory workshop with CRIC staff and partners. The workshop will last three days and will be facilitated in Romanian language.
- Complete in detail the OCA Tool (except for the finance/grants part)
- Providing the Capacity Needs assessment report.
- In coordination with CRIC identify the priority areas for organizational development for the next 4 years and complete the OCD Framework
- Deliver documents and other deliverables on a timely manner
- Workshop material (OCA Tool and Manual), will be provided by CRIC.
CRIC will have the responsibility for the overall management of the facilitator and this will include the following:
- Provide the Save the Children OCA Tool and manual to the facilitator for the workshop purposes
- Reviewing and approving the proposed methodology
- Organize the workshop
- Ensuring that CRIC staff will take part in the workshop
- Supporting facilitator to invite the staff and/or members
- Monitoring the delivery of milestones
- Reviewing and approving the OCD Framework template and final Capacity Needs Assessment Report.
- The finance/grants part of the OCA tool will be prepared by Save the Children
- Ensure completion of the OCD Framework detailing the OCD work for the next coming years.
5. KEY DELIVERABLES
- Maintain neutral and professional approach during the review process and during the overall workshop of the assessment.
- Facilitation and thorough documentation of participatory workshop.
- Draft comprehensive validated report which includes findings of the OCA and recommendations for the continued development of organisational capacity submitted within 6 days of the workshop.
- OCA Tool to be completed in English
- Final report submitted
- One day preparation of OCD Framework (in English) together with CRIC to be held and submitted within 8 days after the workshop.
6. DURATION AND TIMEFRAME
The contract of the assignment should be for 8 working days within the timeframe of 1 months, preferable throughout the period starting from the 1st of February 2018.
Familiarization with OCA tool and initial meetings: 2 days
Facilitation of OCA participatory workshop: 3 days
Report writing: 2 days
Feedback meeting and OCD Framework development with CRIC: 1 day
7. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES OF CONSULTANT
- Advanced degree in economics, development studies, social sciences or related discipline
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in conducting organizational capacity needs assessments, experience with self-assessment processes will be an advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience working in organizational development within civil society
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead a plenary and document simultaneous
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
8. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Applications must be sent in English and entail the following:
- Expression of Interest and availability;
- CV should be presented;
- Two references from similar assignments; and copies of the reports they prepared (if applicable)
- Expected remuneration, in the form of gross fee per day
Application should be clearly marked „Expression of Interest for Needs Assessment Organizational Capacity Development” and submitted as electronic copies before December 22nd 1700 hours local time to:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Latest from Admin
- Termen extins. Angajare Specialist/ă în comunicare
- Schimb de practici și abordări moderne în protecția copilului față de violență
- Schimb de practici și abordări moderne în protecția copilului față de violență
- Comunicat de presă. În debutul noului an școlar, profesorii, părinții și elevii au exprimat viziunea lor asupra așteptărilor de la școală
- Concurs pentru consultanți-formatori în domeniul educației centrate pe copil